Thursday, September 30, 2010

To Have Succeeded!!

To laugh often and much, to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children, to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends, to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.


Ralph Waldo Emerson
This is on my blog a year ago and thought I would repeat it, I just love it!!!

3 comments:

Hopemore Studio said...

That passage makes me happy!

Angie

Tess Kincaid said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
bloubell said...

I have used this saying for about a year on the blog and am just repeating it. This saying does not belong to you.