Friday, October 1, 2010

Reading!! Reading!!


It is so rewarding to read while you are exercising on the bike, you really feel you have accomplished 2 great things at the same time. Right now I am reading Robert Morgan books, he writes books about people in the 40's and also pioneer stories about the strength and resiliance of women(mostly) back in the day when everything you had came from extreme physical labor. I am transported to the days when you churned your own butter and hung beans to dry for winter usage. The salting of apples to preserve and scrubbing the wooden floors til they were white. I love the stories of raising your crops and scratching a livelihood out of the soil. My next author , when I finish Robert , will be Willa Cather. I love poetry and quotes. They are sprinkled throughout Altered expressions blog . Just found this one on a blog:

No comments: