Monday, September 6, 2010

Tutorial for ATC cards!!












First lesson: Backgrounds, what you can use and how these backgrounds add to your finished work of art.The pictures start at the bottom and go up.
No. 1 ,I used playing cards and added my ATC info back to all of the nine. here is a link to get free backs(they are very nice) http://ewenmeprintables.com/shop/index.php?act=viewDoc&docId=28

No.2 first background- I had some paper I watercolored and this is a piece of it on top of a matching scrapbook paper.

no. 3 -found this somewhere looks like a school primer page -would do well with a back to school theme

no.4-antique page from book with torn paper accents.

No. 5- the written word good for a vintage type card.

no. 6- scrapbook paper and frame

no.7- corner from an old calender

No. 8-stabilo crayons, add water and see how this makes a watercolor.


The next step is distressing or adding antiqueing to your cards, I use Tim holtz distress inks and fluid chalks. A make up sponge works great.

2 comments:

Darrelyn said...

Hi Sharon! I just wanted to say thanks for the link to the ATC card backs - they are really nice! I also appreciate your tutorial. I've been wanting to try my hand at ATC's, and didn't realize playing cards were the perfect size! I printed a page of backs and dug out a deck of cards. I'm just going to dive in and see what happens. Thanks for the info and inspiration!

Darrelyn said...

OOPS! I'm sorry Betty, I called you Sharon. Please excuse my forgetfulness!