Thursday, April 23, 2009

Altered book tutorial -cover







..................
Cover outside of book with warm and natural batting, cut 2 patterns for inside pages from med cardboard. wrap tea dyed muslin around book covers, front and back ( one piece) glue inside smoothly and tightly . cover cardboard inside pages and add pocket for teeasures. Glue inside covers to page. Add all your lace embellishments and picture if you choose.sew around picture before you mount it. Add buttons , vintage lace and trims. Finish tomorrow.
..................
This is the last picture of the finished fabric and lace cover. I will be adding a button and loop fastener to the side. Thankyou for taking this journey with me and I can only hope you derived something fromit that you can use in your own art projects. Take care and have a great day!!!

5 comments:

Ann said...

just beautiful!! Many thanks for "walking us through this"...when I make one I hope it turns out as wonderful as yours.

Christy said...

Ah Betty this is beautiful! You are inspiring me to do something more with fabric and trims. And your journals (post above) are wonderful too. Thank you for sharing.

bloubell said...

Thankyou for the comments. It was fun to do this and am happy you both liked it.

Moniqui said...

Gorgeous Betty! I might just give this a try and that says a lot for someone who is sewing-challenged lol!!

lindaablkb@yahoo.com said...

You are so generous to walk us all the way through this - I may yet learn to make some art when talented artists like yourself are so willing to share!
Thank you.
Linda B.