Monday, August 9, 2010

Tutorial for your very own Art Journal!! Added another!!!!













This is a 40 page art journal that you can make in a very short time. The first step is to choose your paper , I just happened to have watercolor paper which is a nice choice for a journal.10 sheets Fold all with a bone folder or spoon. Place one inside the other until you have 10 sheets. Decide on your fabric and cut 9 x 11 +4 or 5 inches for a foldover. so 9 by 15 is good, I used dropcloth canvas that had been coffee stained for another project and added a piece of upholstery fabric to the back with Tacky glue, for stability. decorate the way you want , I transfered a picture on to the front and added some old lace to the foldover.
Poke 3 holes with an awl one inch from each end and another dead center, thru paper and fabric,thread your needle with strong thread and starting on the outside, go in and out in and out ending with 2 pieces in the center. knot and leave. Sew on your button on the center of the foldover and wrap the from the side, knot and cut free leaving a nice amount to wrap around your button. Add some beads if you like for added interest and you now have a 40 page art journal to put in your purse or pocket and add your sketches, paintings or whatever. Another journal added, the paper is heavier and I like the feel of a more solid journal.

5 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

This looks pretty easy!! Thanks for the tutorial.

sjmcdowell said...

I am in love with fabric journals and am in the process of making my first journals. I am starting two of them actually. Your tutorial has come at a good time for my projects.

Thank you and enjoy this day!!

Susan

bloubell said...

This was fun and simple and I think usable. I loved the decorating of it and am going to do another example today. Thanks for the comments.

Lotus said...

Great tutorial! Thank you!
Lotus

Susan Sager Brown said...

Thank you for this tute. Lovely work and blog! So many tute's to explore! Off to find out which Jane Austen heroine I am...xoSusan