Sunday, March 9, 2008

Just a note

I worked on a couple of pieces just to play around with the joint compound for backgrounds. Have been using this stuff for years cause I was married twice to dry wall men. It is so useful for so many things, like stenciled wall words and just plain stencils. This time I used it for backgrounds on these 2 wall hangings. Worked great like always. (no chipping or flaking) and took to glimmer mist and alcohol inks like a champ. My next is a old time wedding picture with a lace background.
It lasts forever in a cottage cheese carton and does not dry up or anything like spackle does. So that is this weeks project.
The other is a large garden piece I am working on with mosaic tile to mix among the flowers. My son in law made the form from sheet metal and I think it is going to be a stunner. It is 4 foot tall and has a finial atop.I will pot a picture of it but the pictures are not uploading today on here, I've tried lots of times.
I have been watching the 3rd season of gray's anatomy today (on and off)Now this is real TV. Making swiss steak and polenta for dinner.
I really hope somebody reads all this and tries the dry wall mud. I also put a deposit on a little brindle shitzu ,he was born on the 5th of march. Think I will name him Cubby. Can't wait to bring home this little sweet thing. -8 weeks.

No comments: